If your VPN or VPN router fails to connect and you are a Virgin Media internet customer the issue is more than likely to be that your SuperHub has PPTP and/or L2TP passthrough disabled.
Please follow these simple steps to fix the issue.
Note that if you use the Hub 3.0 there is no setting for PPTP on your router, although in most cases PPTP is already enabled by Virgin Media on the Hub 3. If you cannot connect any of your devices to the VPN Router then we suggest Hub 3.0 users login at https://www.libertyshield.com/Account/Login and go to "Manage Router" - then set your VPN Router to run in L2TP mode rather than PPTP.
- Browse to your Super Hub local IP Address (e.g. 192.168.0.1) and log in with the Virgin login details printed on your Super Hub
- Select "Advanced Settings" and click "Yes" to confirm you want to view these
- Select "Firewall" from the list
- Tick "IPSec Pass-Through", "PPTP Pass-Through" and "Multicast Pass-Through" at the bottom of the page
- Click "Yes" to confirm settings change
- Try to connect your VPN again.