WiFi Extenders can be connected to your VPN Router to boost the signal from your VPN Router throughout your entire home or office in order to get a reliable VPN network performance in every corner.
Which models of WiFi Extender do you recommend?
Essentially any manufacturer WiFi Extender should work just fine with the VPN Router, we have personally tested several models including these popular choices:
- D-Link DAP-1320 Wireless N300 Range Extender
- D-Link Wi-Fi Dual Band Range Extender DAP-1520
- D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Range Extender DAP-1650
- Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender
- Linksys Velop
- Netgear AC1200 WiFi Range Extender EX6150
- Netgear AC1200 Desktop WiFi Range Extender EX6200
- TP-Link RE350 AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender
Common Mistake with WiFi Extenders?
We regularly hear from customers who forget to switch their WiFi Extender from their ISP Router to their VPN Router, if you wish to extend your VPN network range rather than your ISP network then you will need to disconnect the extender connected to your ISP Router and connect it to the VPN Router instead. For instance, if your VPN Router is in one room and you have a device which needs a WiFi connection from your VPN Router (e.g. MAG Box, Zgemma, FireTV, Apple TV, PS4, XBox, NOW TV etc) then your need to make sure to connect your WiFi Extender to your VPN Router and not your ISP Router.
Pairing Your WiFi Extender
To connect your WiFi Extender to your VPN Router we recommend using the WPS button:
- Press and hold the WPS button on your WiFi Extender for 5 seconds. On most models the WPS light the front should blink.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your VPN Router (it is safe to press the button without resetting your VPN Router).
- Wait for at least 2 minutes while the WiFi Extender connects to your VPN enabled wireless network.
- If successful, the WPS light on your WiFi Extender should turn solid green and the 2.4 GHz Link Rate should light up.
- If you use the PRO Model of our VPN Router which supports the 5 GHz band, just repeat the above steps to connect the WiFi Extender to the 5 GHz band. If successful, then the 5 GHz Link Rate light on your WiFi Extender should also turn solid green.
- You can then connect your devices to your VPN enabled network (e.g. UK-WIFI-1234) and your devices will connect via the WiFi Extender rather than seek a direct WiFi connection to the VPN Router.